1.21.2009

A song so good it deserves it's own post.

Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal


"This is the first song on the LP, it’s lyrically fairly meaningless I guess but it’s not really meant to mean something. As an introduction to the record, we thought it would be nice to start it with a simple jam that’s focussed on singing – on the record it starts with a tongue-in-cheek harmony thing that we hoped would make people laugh or something but I think it just confuses them. This is my favorite song to play live, though singing it live is sometimes difficult because the lyrics are so vague. Weird how that works! " - daytrotter.com



I was following the pack
all swallowed in their coats
with scarves of red tied ’round their throats
to keep their little heads
from fallin’ in the snow
And I turned ’round and there you go
And, Michael, you would fall
and turn the white snow red as strawberries
in the summertime

No comments: